Camclark

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Wanderings in the Verizon Center

Last week night A and I went to see the Wizards play the Indiana Pacers at the Verizon Center. I haven't been to a pro basketball game in ages. I was so excited to get out of the house and away from schoolwork. Although I had a paper due on Thursday, I needed to relax and enjoy an evening out.

We arrived at the arena pretty early, so I took advantage of the time to take some behind the scenes pictures.


The teams warming up

Sportscaster preparing for shoot

While I'm not an avid sports fan I do enjoy watching a good game of basketball or football, thanks to growing up with older brothers who are die-hard sports fans. And this was an exciting game although it was a blowout, the Wizards spanked the Pacers 117 to 91. Ouch!

The Verizon Center is a trip into sensory overload: bright lights, pumping music, loud cheers and boos, smelly chili cheesedogs and nachos. We were also treated to live entertainment during timeouts and halftime: the Wizards cheerleaders, the Wizard's dance team, a magician, and the shenanigans of the Wizard's mascot G-Whiz who jumped up in the stands to egg on fans.

G-Whiz hanging out in the stands

I had a headache by the time we left, but it was worth the evening out.

I also got this shot of Gilbert Arenas on the jumbotron. He's a major fan favorite, but also one of my sister's favorite players, so this is for her.




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home